Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2009

2 sleeps!

As we speak, I'm 2 sleeps away from my concert with my Bon Bon. I'm not selfish, so I'm allowing him to share the concert with 20,000ish other fans. He'll be just singing to me, though, just so everyone's clear ;).

What you have there, folks, is my feeble attempt at finding some spark of happiness when I feel like a gargantuan pile of dog poo. I'm in complete and utter denial that I'm actually coming down with something. I'm fully prepared to blame my symptoms solely on the weather. Regardless if it is really the weather, the symptoms are real. My head is pounding to the point that I feel dizzy and light-headed. My stomach feels queasy, every joint is aching, and I woke up today with what looks like another eye infection. Wonderful. My body doesn't deal well with humidity. It's not a virus. It's not a virus. I'm not getting sick. I'm not. It's the humidity. It's all the humidity.

Despite my attempts at begging Mother Nature for a reprieve, she isn't listening, and it would appear that the current status of our weather -hot, sticky, cloudy, some sunny breaks, showers - sometimes heavy, is in our forecast until at least Tuesday of next week. It could be a soggy concert. With the humidex as high as it is, I might welcome the rain fall. It's not like I won't be wet anyway from the sweat. Who ever penned the phrase, "girls don't sweat, they glisten", was clearly full of of fecal matter; that or he or she obviously never visited the Maritimes.

Despite all the complaints, yes, I am looking forward to the concert...I may just stock up on a few dollar store ponchos however,...just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the tip, KA :)

No comments: