Search This Blog

Sunday 7 June 2009

I keep a postcard in the back of my mind...

How thrilled was I that I got a little bit 'o kudos on the lovely Sizzle's latest blog post!? She had been compiling a list of cover songs from a variety of artists, and had prompted her readers to give her a 'hey yeah' with their own ideas. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give Matty a plug! I guess 1 CD turned into 3, and, might I add, Mr. Andersen made his way to the top spot on her 1st disc :). It was a pleasure to introduce his massive talent to now, hopefully, an even larger audience. Thanks Sizz!!!

So yeah - hi! I know I've been MIA. So sorry my lovelies. I could try to move you with an apologetic, fussy post, but I won't. After a few stern looks from two of my biggest fans this weekend, however, I will do my best to post more regularly again. Thanks for reading girlies :).

In the past 6ish days I've...
  • had a lovely visit with Mummy & Todd for an evening of take-out Chinese, laughs, and a dee-licious cheesecake dessert in a pre-birthday celebration for yours truly.
  • spent many an hour chillaxing on our beautiful deck - soaking in the sunshine. I've managed to damage my skin enough to give me a nice hue on parts of the front of my body...but the pop-tart look is starting to form so I may have to try to even it out a bit in the coming weeks.
  • turned another year on the calendar. I'm now sadly closer to 40 (but will steadfastly hang on to Sean's idea that I'm 29!).
  • celebrated the life of Lana's Poppa, and a sad, final goodbye. He was a very well-loved man and did a lot of good for a lot of people. He will be very missed. Sending big hugs to Lana and her family. He will always be with you...xoxo.
  • enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Merchant Man Pub with Chris to celebrate the fact that I'm now yet another year closer to 40 (and he rubs it in my face every chance he can get that I'm "old").
  • listened to some Bon Jovi CDs to hone my lyrical perfection in preparation of The.Big.Event!
  • spent the day scrapping with my scrap girlies - and potentially the last weekend scrap til the fall. Thanks for the chocolate cake, girlies :) - a lovely surprise, indeed!
  • celebrated an early birthday for Brian at Brian & Julie's. The stories Brian & Jared come out with filled the room with uproarious laughter and at times, disbelief. I also felt like I haven't really lived at all, in comparison! It was great to see everyone again - thanks for a great night, guys!
  • embarked upon a much-needed, much-coveted vacation! I have nothing major planned for my week off...and I may, in fact, do as little as humanly possible. Let's hope it gives me the opportunity to recharge, rewind, and ramp up for what is possibly going to be a very busy summer.
So tell me -what about you? What's keeping ya'll busy these days?

2 comments:

Lana said...

Finally!! Thank you - your posts give me an excuse to avoid work. With nothing new to read, I have no excuse... hee hee hee

Rhonda Bowlan said...

You just concentrate on Bon Jovi and we'll stay young forever. He just gets hotter, doesn't he?!!