Search This Blog

Friday 19 June 2009

Funny thing, that girl math

So Joanne & I decided to treat ourselves to a delicious Juice Zone wrap and chocolate monkey smoothie for lunch today. We were both stuck working the mid-day 11:15 to 7:45 shift, and it was Friday, after all. After scarfing down the eats, we then decided it might be a good idea to stop at Reitmans.

We'd been sitting at the food fair, so on the way to Reitmans a cheap Dora lunch bag caught Joanne's eye at Bentley. For $5 you can't go wrong - so she really didn't need much urging from me when it came to its purchase. Plus, Ava will be delighted - nevermind the fact that the lunch bag is about half the size of little Ava ;).

While in Bentley I couldn't help but peruse the purses. I found a beige Roots one, much like a favorite of mine from a few years back, so of course I had to get it. The math was simple: It was there. I liked it. My current purse is showing its wear. Check!

Onward we went to Reitmans -having only about 7 mins to kill. I went to the big girl section while Joanne scanned the front of the store. I ended up again at the check out counter, this time with a cute little top. Joanne commented about me not trying it on. I explained to the check out girl that I didn't have time to try it on because we were only stopping in on our lunch break. She exclaimed, "What brings you in here?". I shrugged - "We were done eating". More with the girl math. It helped that the top was also on sale. Check!

Total spent on purchases above and beyond lunch food and smoothies:
Joanne: $5.82.
Amber: $60.36 (*whistle, whistle*). I did save $11.72, though. We'll not discuss the speed at which I spent $60.36. And, I will also take it as a sign that God wanted me to have that purse and top, since I unconsciously (seriously, I had no idea til I looked at my account later) paid the satellite bill using the mutual house savings account, and not my usual personal chequing account. With the satellite bill being $50, then, and my purchases equaling just over $60, that means I really only spent $10, right? I love girl math.

We even made it back to work in time.

Happy Friday!

No comments: