Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Points of no real value

Because I'm still feeling nostalgic for my long-finished vacation I thought I'd revisit it and note the dids and didn'ts:

I did:
  • read two books (a *huge* accomplishment for me)
  • wade through the sea of clothing on the floor by the closet, the clothes on the floor of the closet, and the hanging and shelved clothes inside the closet. I eliminated a number of 'hopefuls' that I will never fit into again (and if I ever do they'll be long out of style by that point anyway). I also have 4 bags full of clothes to donate to a charity...and by looking inside the closet you'd wonder if I even did it.
  • keep the house relatively tidy, including about 7 loads of laundry (still another 1-2 waiting, of course).
  • spend the day with Mummy - beginning with a haircut for her at 11:30, shopping, lunch & then chillaxing time in the lazy boys, supper, and more chillaxing.
  • participate in a crafty night and not get cranky once -- and that includes constructing not one, but two, paper box projects with a smile on my face (nearly unheard of).
  • eat not one, but two, loads of delicious Cedars schawarma!
  • sleep. A lot.

I didn't:
  • get to the DMV to register my car - but I did do it online, albeit a few days late.
  • begin any sort of walk routine around the 'hood. I blame the crap-ass weather.
  • take the tins down above the kitchen cupboards.
  • clean my scrapbook room.
  • have a chance to even out my pop-tart tan.
So I guess it's a good sign that the "dids" outweigh the "didn'ts", but clearly I could have taken advantage of a longer vacation, just the same ;).

1 comment:

Lana said...

I don't know if Chris told you - sometimes he forgets to give you my messages - I would like to borrow the Ben Wicks book that Chris's mom lent you when you are done if it is ok with her. Thanks