Search This Blog

Monday 29 June 2009

Luck ain't even lucky, gotta make your own breaks

I work this coming Saturday - as such, that means I get a day off through the week. I was pretty certain my day off was Tuesday. It was getting really late last night, and finally at about 10 after 12 I decided I had to get my arse to bed. I knew I was on the early shift, but I couldn't remember if it was an 8am or an 8:30am start, so I checked my schedule on my calendar (that extra half hour of sleep is precious, after all). To my delight I had today off as opposed to Tuesday. So an extended weekend for me aaand...more rain! So I didn't feel as guilty loafing on the couch and watching YouTube videos of my Bon Bon! Saturday's concert all but enhanced my obsession...so I will share some of the little details I've been learning about my man:

  • he married his high school sweetheart, Dorothea, after dating for 10 years --they went off, in secret, to marry in Vegas
  • his pseudo-name for hotel check-ins is "Humpty Dumpty"
  • his mother was one of the original Playboy bunnies
  • he was born March 2, 1962
  • in an interview on 60 Minutes, when asked why he never indulged over the course of time (on the beautiful ladies who go to his shows to watch his bum shake), he simply said, "because I got it right the first time". (Ladies everywhere are collectively sighing, "awwwwwwwww")
  • he donated a million dollars to the relief fund for rebuilding homes for victims of Hurricane Katrina (I remember watching this on Oprah)
  • Jon began to play piano and guitar at age 13 - and had a band called Raze
  • he had a recurring role on the TV show Ally McBeal (I knew I should have watched that show!)
So aside from my Bon Bon obsession, I did also manage to do a few loads of laundry, and give myself a pedi. It was a relaxing day, to say the least. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

Oh my God, I was going to ask you that...if you watched Ally McBeal...I was a regular and when he came on as her beau!*sigh* I wonder if we can download the episodes...I was so sad when it was over.