Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 March 2009

When Irish eyes are smiling....

Top 'o the mornin' to ya! Happy St Patrick's Day! I wore a green sweater to mark the occasion. It's very green. The green that is the traffic light. Primary color green I guess you could say. Upon sending me off with a kiss this morning at the door, Chris took one look at me and said, "That's ugly". He's so not into the festive spirit. He did, however, come out of the room wearing a green t-shirt, which he called a 'happy accident'.

We took in the John Pinette show last night at the Confed Centre. We had great seats - 4 rows from the front, dead center. The seats were no more comfortable than the front row when we saw Stuart McLean. There was no more leg room than the front row. However, the 'scent' surrounding us wasn't that of a gym locker, but instead like a fragrance aisle at a high end department store...*gag*! We're pretty sure the culprit(s) were a father/daughter duo seated just ahead of us. The scent(s) themselves would have been half-decent on their own, with a small amount applied, however, that wasn't the case. And, I didn't habituate, either. I'm just thankful I'm not scent-sensitive. The show itself was fan-freaking-tastic. If you ever have a chance to see John Pinette in your lifetime, DO. You won't regret it. And if you do have a chance, be sure to pee before the show starts so you don't pee yourself from laughing, or be sure to 'dress' appropriately if you have known bladder issues. Thanks for a great time, John, my sides still hurt from laughing :)!

Raising a glass 'o green ale to all my dedicated readers :)

No comments: