Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Nine

And now we have a week of 'current' songs. This should be a better night of singing, no?

Anoop Desai - It didn't suck, but it sure didn't do much for me. I find I like him better if I don't actually watch him on the tv.
Megan Joy - My momma taught me to not say anything if you can't say anything nice - so I choose not to say a word about what I thought about this performance.
Danny Gokey - When I first heard what song he'd be performing I thought to myself, "He's gonna kill this song", and I wasn't wrong. To quote Simon, "Brilliant!".
Allison Iraheta - Speaking of brilliant...this girl will go places regardless of how she fares in the competition. I do agree that the outfit was horrendous, but here's hoping people who vote are voting for what they heard, and not what they watched.

{Ah, I see Paula has been heavily medicated for the evening's show}


Scott MacIntyre - Scotty, Scotty, Scotty...of all the songs that are out now and 'current' why choose Billy Joel? Not that I don't respect Mr. Joel...just sayin'...was the theme not "current"? Anyway. It's nice to see them add a little mousse to your locks... As for your performance, I feel like I'm aboard the Love Boat when hearing you play. I fear it's soon time for you to be sailin' away...
Matt Giraud - Shaky start...but he recovered...but, not his best, unfortunately. I really enjoy this guy...let's hope America agrees.

{Oh.Paula.I.want.to.just.punch.you.in.the.face.when.you.talk.}


Lil Rounds - a better choice in wigs tonight. As for the performance, I didn't like it. It's just not my style. Yeah, yeah, she can sing, but...it was all very 'meh' to me. The big hug between her daughter and Randy was pretty adorable, though.
Adam Lambert - He forgot to wash the Brillcream out of his hair from last week; wtf? It was as though there was a person behind him squeezing his left and right nut respectively until he screamed from the pain. I appreciate the effort...but that did nothing for me. I like a softer side of Lambert. The dramatics bore me.
Kris Allen - Everyone knows that this song holds a special place in my heart...and although I feel no one can hold a candle to Matt performing this song, Kris definitely did it justice (note to Scott MacIntyre: this is how you sing a song with a keyboard and make it "current"). He has a Richard Marx-y kinda vibe to me, and I do indeed think he'll go far in this competition.

Bottom 3: Anoop, Megan & Scott. Going home: America, for the love of the sweet Baby Jesus, SEND MEGAN HOME!

No comments: