Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2009

The Top 10

Before I get started on a new week I'll just mention my thoughts on last week's elimination. While I am not surprised that the judges didn't choose to give Alexis another chance - it is very early in the competition to use a wild card, after all - I do think the voting public got it alllll wrong by having her be in the position to be sent home in the first place. Anyway.

Motown, eh? Meh. At least we have country week behind us. Without further ado...

Matt Giraud - I'm not convinced this was the very best song choice...but the more I see this guy the more I do enjoy him.
{I don't know that I can survive Paula's commentaries tonight....}
Kris Allen - Gotta admit this guy really crawled out of the woodwork for me...at first I was like, "Kris who?"...but now I very much enjoy his performances.
Scott MacIntyre - I'm so over this Barry-Manilow-wanna-be. America, it's time.
Megan Joy - speaking of being over someone...DITTO. I want to punch her in the face.
Anoop Desai - maybe it's the genre, but the only thing keeping me from sleeping is the uncomfortable position I'm in on the couch and the fact that I'm typing this as the contestants drone their drivel. Booooring.
Michael Sarver - I never agreed with his position in this competition. This performance only cemented it.
{is it bedtime yet? *yawn* At the very least, I'm getting several previews to tomorrow night's Grey's...and I gotta say...cannot WAIT for that.}
Lil Rounds - Hello, Lil - have you seen my missing mop head? I suppose she has the voice to do a Motown single. It all sounded screechy and one-note to me (I did type this prior to the commentary by the judges).
{SHUT UP PAULA!}
Adam Lambert - slight vulnerability...or good acting? Regardless, a vast improvement over last week's performance, and finally testament that there might be some talent in the pool. I don't like him, but there's no denying the guy can sing.
Danny Gokey - I think I'm ready to see Danny's sweet side. The shouty 'enthusiastic' Danny is sorta getting old. He's safe, but...just sayin'.
Allison Iraheta - Good, strong performance. Good job.

Bottom 3: Scott, Megan & Michael. Going home: Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meghan won't go home anytime soon - Vote for the worst.com has pegged her as their favourite and they have managed to keep their faves in for quite sometime (ie Sanjia- or whatever his name was). I missed most of last night but there's stuff on the web about Kara's stupid mistake and Paula's mustached antics. What up with that?