Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 March 2009

The Top 11

I'm starting this just after ingesting an extra strength muscle relaxant to try to cure a very sore neck and shoulder. I'm unsure if I slept wrong on it or what... Usually those pills knock me out fairly quickly, but on account of it being 9 mos expired, I'm doubtful it will have much affect on anything.

So we're now down to 11...and celebrating the Grand 'Ol Opry and country music. My least favorite genre...here goes anyway...

Michael Sarver - indulgent, and he was running out of breath, wasn't he? Meh.
Allison Iraheta - She did well. That girl can sing no matter what genre.
Kris Allen - soft and sweet, void of any country "twang". I enjoyed it a lot.
Lil Rounds - boooooorrrring...and she doesn't much like criticism, does she?
Adam Lambert - Johnny Cash with a Middle Eastern flair...interesting. I hated it. He can sing, but I hate, hate hated what he did to a classic Cash tune.
Scott MacIntyre - Forgettable.
Alexis Grace - I thought she did well, but I do look forward to future weeks when she can turn her edgy, bluesy feel back on.
Danny Gokey - Is it just me, or did he over-sing that just a tad? I still think he did well, in any event, and I do agree with Simon that the outfit was horrendous.
Anoop Desai - I actually really enjoyed that! Way to go Anoop for redeeming yourself in my eyes!
Megan Joy Corkrey - the only word I can use to describe that performance - from sound to look is weird.
Matt Girard - Terrific job - one of the best of the night, imo.

Bottom 3: Michael, Scott & Lil
Going home: Scott

My neck, shoulder, hell, the entire arm down to my wrist is paining like a sonofabitch.....off to bed - nites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber -
Have you ever checked out this Idol website? I think your comments are funnier than theirs, but they are trying to skew the results....
http://www.votefortheworst.com/

KA