Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2009

Watch your step!

Well Zoe more than likely lost one of her 9 lives this morning. I stepped on her. Her paw specifically...she let out the fiercest, wildest wail I've ever heard, which scared the bejebus out of me, and in turn made me scream in terror...all the while, no doubt, with her little bitty paw under the confines of my slipper. I felt like I was going to puke. She took off, running under the bed for cover, and I couldn't coax her out. I tried treats. She'll do just about anything for a treat. She did timidly make her way to the doorjamb of the bedroom...holding up the sore paw and looking up at me, as if to say, "Why, Mummy, why?". The first step toward her, she took off again to her shelter with the dust bunnies.

Eventually she did come out, and she seems to be walking ok. I picked her up and gave her a big snuggle. She stayed in my lap while I got ready for work, and let me check out her paws and didn't scream, so I think she'll be ok. She still ran quickly away from me when I walked near her. I can't say I blame her, though. If I saw my big ol' clown feet approaching me from her perspective, I think I'd run too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Zoe!! She's so timid as it is. She'll get over it, but poor you! Don't feel too guilty, we've all done it!