Search This Blog

Sunday 8 March 2009

Weekend Loafer

So this is day 3 of my extended 5-day weekend. We lost an hour last night, but as I'm been doing little more than loaf these past few days I don't even notice it (I've finally discovered a cure for losing my hour!). As I look around the untidy house I'm a little guilty now, but not enough to get off my butt to do anything just yet. Chris decided to pull an all-nighter Friday night/Saturday morning to get stuff done for TPG, so he's still sleeping. I can't possibly do housework now and wake him up. Heh.

Is it wrong that I can do absolutely nothing and be content, though? Sure I've showered, but I've only gone so far as putting on fresh jammies in the past two days. I've not left the house; I've not done my hair; I've not put makeup on. Hours and hours of TLC and the W network have been my friends...and it's glorious! I do have visions of sledgehammers and paint chips and a huge desire to redo my entire house, however. I've even been pouring over the MLS site too, and also dreaming of a new house altogether. I know that's not anything we're prepared for in the immediate future, but it's nice to dream. Speaking of dreams, I've also slept - oh have I slept...naps here, naps there.....delightful.

Happy weekend folks, my comfy couch, TLC and a book I've been dying to read, await.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest up, Hon, you work hard all week and deserve a little break now and then. I too spent way too much time sleeping this weekend! Watched a couple of movies, read a book, was late for EVERYTHING yesterday... it was good.