Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Happy Birthday Lori

Lori is one of my oldest & dearest friends. We met in Mr. May's Grade 7 class at Stonepark Jr. High. Apparently, Lori scanned the room looking for prospective friends, and I caught her eye! Perhaps I'll have her guest post one of these days and she can tell you her side of the story. She's the writer after all ;).

Anyway...from that point onward, we became inseparable. We played Barbies together; we watched scary movies together; we shared crushes on boys. There weren't many weekends we didn't spend together. I had my first underage drink at her place (Peach Schnapps and Tang, no less!). Some of my favorite memories of the two of us include dining at the Dixie Lee for burgers and fries. It was close to her house, and right beside the mall, so we would walk up and have a real 'night' out. We'd also dress up on a Friday night and walk from her place to McDonald's, and welcomed the whistles and cat calls from passers by (oh the mind of a teenager...sad, really). She taught me how to drive, and she was my singing partner at our weekly karaoke ritual on Tuesday nights at the Playhouse. Nobody could belt out "Nobody" better than she and I (though when Lana joined us, that just multiplied the awesomeness by a third).

Lori is a strong-willed, incredible person. She has infinite familial ties, and is a fantastic mother, and step-mother. She had a goal in life, set out to achieve it, and has lived up to her dream of being a published author. With now a half dozen titles to her name, she's a success in all levels of her life. If anyone was going to succeed, it'd be her.

Lori, I love you bunches - thank you for being a forever friend. I raise a glass to you on your special day...xo

No comments: