Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2009

What Not to Wear?

Attention all you fashionistas....Help! Ya'll know I'm in no way, shape or form overly 'trendy'. I do try my best to look professional and presentable, so I do care about my appearance in general, though. After a few subtle hints on how fugly my Wal-Mart shoes were, I've finally replaced them. I continue to wear the boots daily - even wore them to the Confed Centre on our date on Monday. They're still not slipper comfy, but I am getting by. My feet cramp a bit, and I'm sure that's because they are so, so not used to girlie shoes. Most importantly, I've not had blisters form, and I have to admit I do kinda enjoy the clippity clop sound. These little boots are 'half-booties' (mostly on account of the likely impossibility of a traditional longer boot fitting over my ginormous monster calf).

My question - can a person get away with wearing a half-boot with a skirt? The skirt I have in mind is long--pretty much ankle length. So is it a fashion-ok or a faux pas to wear my current boots with a skirt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in at Rockport today and saw the boots up close - very cute. Personally, I do not like a short boot with a skirt. It can make your calves look bigger. but your little shoes would look very cute with a long skirt.