Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Down to bidness - MJ style

Paula.....you look like sh!t! Late night last night?

{pardon me while I take a walk down memory lane...to the days when MJ really was the entertainer of the year...to the days when a picture of the normal-looking MJ covered my bedroom walls...to the days when the neighborhood kids put on "Thriller" concerts on the street...*sigh*}


Speaking of sh!t - I feel like sh!t right now, so I will try to get through this and do it some justice...

Lil Rounds - did she dig out someone's 80's pants?? Despite looking ridiculous, she sung it like nobody's bidness.
Scott MacIntyre - I don't recall ever hearing this song every before. It was a strong performance; he'll likely stay a few weeks, but he won't win. He seems rather loung-y to me.

{Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who gets rather disturbed when Paula starts talking about their 'instrument'?}

Danny Gokey - I love this guy. It wasn't my favorite performance of his, but he's not going anywhere, for a long, long time :).
Michael Sarver - meh; I'm still unsure how he made it to where he is anyway.
Jasmine Murray - she's a beauty, isn't she? She did well. She's safe for this week.
Kris Allen - I enjoyed it.

{Ok seriously...what is UP with Paula? She's spitting & stuttering again...she looks to be in tears with every commentary...Look at her eyes? She looks like a crack whore! I hope they're prepping the audience for her eventual demise with the addition of Kara}

Allison Iraheta - (That was an MJ song??) She's awesome...here's my early prediction - final 2, with Danny.
Anoop Desai - One of the few times I'll agree with Paula. Noop Dog was meh.
Jorge Nunez - Visions of Muppets dance in my head when I watch him sing - so I try to look away and just listen to give him a fair commentary. My commentary is "meh".

{Omigod I want to go to bed}

Megan Corkrey - Um...when did Michael Jackson ever sing "Rockin' Robin"?? I do enjoy her...but with this song choice, I dare say she may be in trouble...and the final "caw caw" at the end...that sealed her fate.
Adam Lambert - Ok, one word...cocky. He can sing; he knows he can sing, and that distracts from his 'goodness', imo. He has no fears for a while yet, mind you, but I hope he adds a bit of vulnerability or something, sometime soon.

{Now why don't you just bawl Paula?}

Matt Giraud - he sounded in pain at that 'yeah yeah' part.
Alexis Grace - she's fantastic. Update to my prediction - final 3, with Danny & Allison. How can they comment on her 'over' singing, yet sing Adam's praises?

Leaving us this week: Hmmm....what choices. Definitely the bottom 4 in my opinion are Anoop, Jorge, Megan, and Matt. I think Anoop & Jorge should think of packing a bag.

{Finally, I shall go to bed}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were tired. you put Danny in the BOTTOM 2. I was confused until I read your last sentence. And no worries, I understood that when you said that you had showered and put on fresh jammies that it was everyday that you did this task. :)

Amber said...

My bad - I've updated post from "bottom" to "final" in respect to Danny :)
xo