Search This Blog

Monday 11 May 2009

Where'd my weekend go?

Ah Monday...already...and a busy weekend behind me. Saturday I joined my scrap girlies at the Brackley Commons and we scrapped the day away. In hind sight Saturday would have been a delightful day to do something outside on account of the beautiful day that it was, but I was busy constructing Mummy's Mother Day gift, so I had to forge on. A big thank you to LA and Shelley for convincing me to give it as a Mother's Day gift actually...and to Shelley for helping out with the album! I did a 6x6 album of some of my old favourite photos of mom growing up and her and Dad dating. She really seemed to like it, and Todd even posted a note on my FB wall to say how much he liked it - even saying it almost brought him to tears. Imagine!

After scrapping Chris and I went out to supper at ESM's. It had seemed like we hadn't seen in each other in so long so it was nice to get out with him. The supper was tasty but I felt nasty pretty soon after, so we just came home and called it an early night. Sunday morning and early afternoon I busied myself doing laundry and tidying up the house before heading onward to my momma's. Chris went to Truro for the day with his brother; his mother was over there already and it was nice for him to spend time there, and get to see his two grandmothers and his mom at the same time. It was her Mother's Day wish.

I guess I got my own Mother's Day gift from Bosco this morning. As I made my way to scoop the litter I looked down to see a humungous pile of cat puke at my feet. Wonderful. I realized quickly that there was no way that I would have avoided stepping in it...and my suspicions were confirmed when I looked at my slipper. At least I wore my slippers. 'Course, by the time I'd looked down to notice it at all, I'd already tracked it into the other room... A blissful start to a new week. I'm truly, truly blessed. :P

Today's lesson: Always, always, always look before you step. And never forget your slippers, for God's sake!

No comments: