Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 May 2009

What we lost in the fire....

A fire has destroyed Maid Marian's and Sherwood Drug Mart this evening - so, so very unfortunate. As far as I've heard, no one has been hurt, which is a blessing...however my heart breaks for the employees who will no be jobless until the businesses can rebuild. For Rob MacLellan, Sherwood Drug Mart has been a family-owned business and years of blood, sweat and tears. My prayers go out to him, his family and his staff during what will be a very difficult time. A special hug to my dear friend Tanya - who is one of the drug store's employees....

Maids' is an icon in Sherwood...your typical greasy spoon diner atmosphere - serving up the best plate of bacon 'n eggs on a heavy-headed Sunday morning after a night out. Every weekend the line up was outside the door.

I have many memories of both businesses. I pray for a full and speedy rebuild for all affected....

1 comment:

Lana said...

any word on what happened?