Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2009

And then they were 3

Lana surprised me with a visit this evening, and it just so happened to be 15 mins before Idol was to start, so I've appointed her to be my guest commentator for this evening's show. She seemed rather excited about the prospect, exclaiming, "I had a sex dream about Danny last night!"

Lana's pre-show predictions:
Adam will scream with his tongue hanging out.
Danny will try to emulate Adam.
Kris will do his own R&B thing.

Round 1 The Judges' Choice:
Danny Gokey - "Dance Little Sister" ~ Paula's pick...meh - again with the key of Gokey. I really liked him at first, but I'm growing tired of every song sounding the same. I think I'm repeating myself. L: "It was actually pretty good; it was just a horrible song. It was a cheesy 80's dance song that was destined for failure".
Kris Allen - "Apologize" ~ Randy & Kara's pick... Good choice for Kris' voice/style! Sounded much like the original, but I think he did well with it. At this stage of the competition I'm unsure why he didn't try to make it his 'own', like he normally does. That might have just sealed his fate, I'm afraid. L: "Technically this is an incredible song, but...I'm bored."
Adam Lambert - "One" ~ Simon's pick...Ok ... it had potential at the beginning during the slow part....then it all went to hell when he picked up the tempo with his usual screechy-self. It could've been good. It wasn't. L: "Bllleecccccccchhhh!" And they're all setting him up to be the winner; it makes me gag.

The Idols' Choice:
Danny Gokey - "You Are So Beautiful" ~ He should do well at this... and he nailed it! Good job...let's oust Adam, shall we! L:"Oh amazing control! Probably my favourite performance of his; phenomenal...fodder for tonight's dream!"
Kris Allen - "Heartless" ~ I was glad to see him bring back the guitar. This also sounded more like "him", with him making the song his own. Hopefully it was enough to keep him safe. Lana agreed: "Wow, that was really good!"...and Chris who returned home reiterated, "he who plays his own shit, wins".
Adam Lambert - "Cryin'" ~ I was crying when I heard this. For the love of the sweet baby Jebus, America - wake up and hear this. He's CRAP. Lana agrees: "self indulgent, screechy crap!" For the life of me I just can't understand why they love him so much.

Hopes for tomorrow night: Kris & Danny duking it out for the final spot, and America finally getting it right, and sending the screamer the hell HOME.

Sweet dreams, Lana :)

No comments: