Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2009

Seriously, where'd my weekend go?

Well that weekend passed by in a blur didn't it?

Friday night Chris & I went over to the homestead and had a final visit with Fred & Belinda before they left to go back to Ontario. Many laughs ensued, aided and abetted by several sociables and take-out pizza. We had a great time! It was a late night and I wasn't feeling fantastic on Saturday - to put it mildly. The day itself didn't turn out how we'd intended either, with the plan to paint the bathroom and made it look all purty... Turns out Saturday was the day Georges' family was starting to clean out his house so Chris & I opted to help them out with that. It felt like the least we could do. Going through his things made us laugh a little, and it also made us miss him a little more. It also brought to the forefront some of the similarities he really did share with Dad...and I didn't even know it. After helping weed through George's I sat down and realized just how tired and out of sorts I felt, thanks to the evening before's indulgences...so I napped...and I pretty much stayed like that til Sunday morning. I guess my body needed the rest though...

Sunday morning Christopher prepared blueberry pancakes for us for breakfast. He did yardwork while I "supervised" on the deck with my iPod and book. Once the clouds rolled in we headed onward to Sobeys for some much-needed groceries (so thankful for the return of Sunday shopping!). We shared a delicious bbq for supper and then he retreated to the office to work on TPG and I got down to cleaning the house. It sooo needed it...and it's clearly much more spic 'n span that it's been in a long time...though I still ended up stopping short on the bedroom, per usual.

And here we are - Monday again. That seriously went by way too quickly...who do we need to approach for a 3 day weekend??

No comments: