Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2009

Point-form...

What a week...
  • we FINALLY have begun some painting in the bathroom...with a fresh, white, mold-free ceiling, plans to paint the walls this weekend, and this is a big one....FINALLY free of that fugly-ass curtain that's been hanging in there since we moved in! I never thought I'd ever be so excited about a $3 blind but I gotta say...it's pretty exciting.
  • a lovely brunch with Lana & Lori at Mosaic. The food was good. The service blew chunks. The company was fantastic.
  • a nice visit with Fred & Belinda who've made their yearly trip to the Island. Guess one of these days we'll have to return the favor...
  • the discovery of my new floor mats...hiding in a box in my trunk! This is such a 'girl' story: When leasing the VW, one of the 'perks' at the time was $250.00 worth of free accessories. The sales person I dealt with was less than stellar...and I'm pretty sure he didn't know what I was asking for when I let him know I wanted the "monster mats" as my free accessory. Instead, I got traditional, cheap looking ones...and only front ones. He was apparently supposed to order me back ones and was to get back to me when they came in. He never did. The next time there, I just happened to make an issue of it, in front of his boss...who very quickly, and efficiently, located "monster" mats for the back. I was truly bummed that I didn't have all 4, but was glad that I finally had all areas covered nonetheless. Being the girl that I am, I basically just kept the empty box in the trunk...along with a variety of other items...including an empty box I thought would be the perfect size to wrap a gift in (different box from the mat box); a set of dishes donated to me; several empty, or almost empty bottles; 3 snowbrushes...you get the picture. A trip to Wal-mart last night and the subsequent purchase of 2 patio chairs and the need to (somehow) squeeeeeeeze them into the car to transport them home led to the discovery of two front "monster" floor mats in the box I thought was empty! I'm telling you I was as gleeful as a kid on Christmas day!! And, I'll never live that one down in Chris' eyes. *shrug*
  • The horrific devastation that was May 20 and the fire that gutted Sherwood Drug Mart, The Smoke Shop & Maid Marian's. Fortunately, there were no injuries, and there are plans to rebuild. A temporary pharmacy set up is also being worked as we speak -- so happy to hear this. There still isn't a known cause for the blaze...I see pictures of the damage and it brings tears to my eyes.
  • A delightful end to another season of American Idol, and the deserved crowning of one Kris Allen. Ever humble, his reaction was endearing and made me love him all the more. Congratulations Kris! The finale show was also quite entertaining. I didn't pay as much attention as I could have, but seeing KISS come out to perform in full make up brought me back to my childhood and that night of the Grammy's when I cried for my mom when they came on stage. They scared me so. My older brother always said, 'they're a lot scarier without their make up on!'
  • Record high temperature of 27 degrees Celcius today,...giving us proof that maybe, just maybe, summer is on the way?
  • A new season of the Bachelorette....one that should prove very interesting. I have already picked out Kiptyn to be her one and only...Wes, the creepy country singer will be the trouble-maker, only there to try to get himself noticed (and yeah, I'll admit, the name alone is enough to have me want him out...but he really is creepy!)...and I'm thrilled beyond thrilled that the pompous ass otherwise known as "Billboy" didn't make the cut. Good choice, Jillian!
And how was yours?

No comments: