Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Serenity NOW!

Some days just aren't worth getting out of bed and making yourself presentable.

Least that's how it feels.

I used to work in the toy department at Towers (boy that dates me, doesn't it?). Occasionally, my friends Lori and Tracy would pay me a visit. They were such mall-ys ;). At one part there was a 3 x 5 section that had animated toys...you pull a string it talks to you (ie, this is a cow..."mooo"). Each one was different. They would come in, and pull every single freaking string so that all the different sounds and noises were playing at once. It felt like a horror movie...and I could almost feel the sounds closing in on me as my attacker was ready to pounce.
Some days I travel back to those moments...and I feel like the room is closing in on me....Over stimulation...everyone around me talking at once...can't hear myself talk....head POUNDING.....

Maybe I need chocolate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree....chocolate doesn't fix it but it does help : ) I eat it every day! T