Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Rock x 4

We're down to four contestants, and it's rock week...they'd better impress me... I'm also without the wise words of Mummy since working a later shift it being too late to go over there. Chris is in the room, so he can be my guest commentator.

So an accident prevented a full run through for practice, eh? This should show their true colors, perhaps? (though in surmising prior to seeing them actually perform, my thoughts are Allison being the only one left to offer a solid 'rock-out' performance...).

And here we go:
  • Adam Lambert ~ "Whole Lotta Love" - Finally they've left the sweet spot for a more deserving contestant and we can get this shite over with early so we can forget it. Seeing him perform actually makes me cranky now. I am sooo over you, Adam. Like a pig heading to slaughter, if you ask me. Didn't Slash tell you to cut down on the high ranges? Chris: "Eughhh. Didn't start with a song that I liked in the first place".
  • Allison Iraheta ~ "Cry Baby" - Totally her comfort zone, and a good song choice, where she was able to showcase her range between soft and killin' it. Good job, girl! Chris wasn't as enthused: "I wouldn't buy her record".
  • {Duet} Kris & Danny ~ "Renegade" - loved the harmony alcappella...then they turned it up - and I wanted to turn it down. Danny did out-sing Chris, but I wasn't impressed with it as a whole. C: "Wasn't bad. Would I buy their album? No".
  • Kris Allen ~ "Come Together" - I have to admit I was a little worried about him this week, but he calmed me with this performance. I think he did very well - not the best of the night, but respectable. C: "Anybody that plays their own shit wins".
  • Danny Gokey ~ "Dream On" - When Chris heard what song Danny would be performing he exclaimed "Oh no....oh no....OH NO!....He's brave....". Well, he did better than I thought he would...enough to secure the Top 3, but not my favourite by a long shot. "He came. He saw. He screamed. He thinks he did well!"
  • {Duet} Allison & Adam ~ "Slow Ride" - Slimy...so the snake does actually get the end spot, once more. It was entertaining, but I now need some Advil. It sounded like a contest of who could out-scream who...Hopefully it does save Allison from elimination, though.
Bottom 3: Allison (based on the judge's commentary on her solo performance); Adam (because I still want him to be there); Danny (he was slightly over-indulgent and cocky).
Going home: In a surprise to America, (and a perfect world) Adam

1 comment:

Lana said...

I totally agree with Chris' comments re: Gokey. I LOVE that song and he blew it. Really didn't like Kris' version of Come Together - love the original stripped down version much better. Thought Allison did an awesome job and deserves to win the whole enchillada!