Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2009

What the Deuce?

And now we're down to two - one I would like to see win, and one that pains me to think about winning. I almost didn't watch it...but I've brought ya'll this far...I couldn't possibly not finish up. I'm on the heels of a crappy day, and a bedtime last night where sleep was optional, and I can't wait to just go to bed. A glimmer of hope: as fate would have it, Kris won the coin toss for the 2nd spot of the night - "Adam's spot". Take that, Crap Bag!

Starting off the first round we have Crap Bag, I mean Adam, with a re-do of "Mad World". I do admit that of all of the torturous moments of listening to him wail, this is my favorite of them all because it actually showcases his voice...and it's virtually void of the screeching atrocity that is Adam. Had he sung other similar songs such as this I may have less hatred toward him. Nevertheless, it still contained his traditional theatrics (and I was totally already thinking Phantom of the Opera before Simon declared it!)...and I'm left very anxious to hear Kris out-sing his sorry ass....

He's just as cute as a button, isn't he? And "Ain't No Sunshine"! Again, one of my favorites of his, this whole season! It was soulful, haunting, and sweet. I loved it :) Chris concurred with, "Nicely done!"

Round 1: Kris is the undeniable winner! (again, typed prior to Simon's declaration...we're just so in sync, that Simon 'n I)

And onward with the 2nd round and Adam, with "Change is Gonna Come" ~ I didn't figure we'd last another song without the nut grabs. Screeching, howling, crap. Hearing it just makes me cranky. He destroyed it, if you ask me.

{Is it just me, or does Paula look like she's been dragged across the pavement - face down - by her hair?}


My frown has been replaced by a smile with the return of Kris and his rendition of "What's Goin' On". He's clearly the better musician - showcasing not only his skills with the piano and now the guitar. That alone earns him bigger props in my book. I don't think it was as strong of a performance as his first, though, unfortunately.

Round 2: I begrudgingly have to say that Adam has come out on top (again, VERY begrudgingly).

My least favourite round with the drippy, sappy specially written "Idol" song. This year's song is "No Boundaries". Oh Adam, if I heard this on the radio I would most surely and absolutely turn the station. I so hope that the underdog knocks that conceited look off your face, and you off your bedazzled throne. Now Kris' version of the same song is much more believeable...and I could imagine that playing on the Top 9 at 9 on my local radio station. To add to that, Kris' humbleness makes him that much more of a star.

Round 3 - Kris

I think I've already expressed who I want to win...who I personally think is deserving of the win...it's all up to fate now. Go Kris, go! And ya'll???

*Image borrowed from the notorious Vote for the Worst site

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

I'm disgusted and don't care anymore...but if I had to pick...of course, Kris. I had my heart set on Danny Gokey. And you are right!...Paula did look like crap!

Did you start the week off last night with the new "Bachelorette"?!