Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 November 2008

When the panic starts to set in...

Dare I mention today's date to you? Dare I even fathom to speak of it being 1 month to the day? Do I bother to even tell you that I've not yet STARTED my actual Christmas shopping, aside from one online order? Is it too much to ask that we put a hold on Christmas this year? Baaaah humbug! I thought with the snow dumped on us, that might 'get my Christmas mojo going'...but nope. I thought perhaps attending Jingle Bell Rock this past weekend might have as well. Again, another nope. I suppose I could dig the tree out of storage and put that up. To do that, however, I really would have to scrub the floors, launder the ginormous pile of dirty laundry, and clean the kitchen up before I felt like I could even open the tree box. And I just don't wanna do that.

*sigh*

I am taking Mom out to finish her shopping tonight after work. Yes, finish her shopping. And this is really late for her. Maybe that will give me a push in the right direction? I hope to grab a few things myself. I've just written out a list of things that I need to buy. Instead of making me feel like a jolly 'ol elf, I'm now in a panic-state...which quadrupled when I looked at my bank balance.

Seriously people, can we cancel Christmas this year?

I kid, I kid... And honestly, the true spirit and magic of "Christmas" is not what is under the tree...and I think the more we think about the true meaning, the closer we will be to feeling the Christmas spirit. I will get there. I always do ;). Happy Tuesday.

No comments: