Search This Blog

Thursday 6 November 2008

Happy Birthday Lana!

Happy Birthday to one of my dearest, bestest friends. I won't talk of ages, because we all know that one step closer to 40 for Lana means another step closer to 40 for myself, too. And that's all I will say about it.

Lana and I met through a mutual friend back in high school. The funniest part of the whole thing being neither one of us cared for the other back then! She was too high-strung for me, and I was too prissy for her. How'd we get past that? :) Teenagers are fickle I guess...and she was also befriending my 'best friend' at the time, so perhaps my feelings at the time were more fear out of losing my best friend. It's a good thing growing up means more maturity in matters such as that...and now all of us are the best of friends, and I can't imagine my life without Lana as part of it.

She grounds me when I need it. She laughs with me. She cries with me. And, she's a strong shoulder to lean on when it warrants. She's kind-hearted, sensitive, intelligent, and strong. She has handled all life has dealt her with poise and grace - a remarkable woman, indeed. She stands up for what she believes in, and never gives up without a fight.

Happy Birthday my dear friend; I hope this new year brings exciting opportunities and unending happiness for you. I'm proud to call you one of my very best friends, and I thank you for all you have given to me over the years. Now, go get a tissue, wipe the snot from your nose and join me for a glass of vino to celebrate this very special day that is all yours. :) xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Honey!!! You always know how to highlight the best in me!!
Love ya!!