Search This Blog

Thursday 13 November 2008

STUPID!

Boy, oh boy, oh boy, do I hate working on a full moon day. Everyone is a little extra stupid. Processes and systems take a little (or a lot of) extra time. The world itself is just a little 'off'. And these symptoms are standard 'full moon' expectations. Today? Well, today seems to be more of a challenge than normal...

On top of the standard stupidity, there are men atop the roof here at work. Apparently, they are replacing a water meter or something. They are welding and banging and thumping over top of me. My head is pounding. The fumes of the welding are nauseating.

The serenity prayer doesn't help. Calgon wouldn't help. I've eaten copious amounts of chocolate, and that doesn't help. I'm pretty sure retail therapy wouldn't even help. I couldn't even try that today as I'm in overdraft as it is, and running on fumes (pardon the pun) until pay day. Oh, and my quick trip to Shoppers while on my lunch break to pick up kitty litter and ibuprofen to get me through this full moon day - that doesn't count as "retail therapy". Especially after witnessing who I'm pretty sure to be my ex-ex-ex weasel. I looked quickly so I can't completely confirm if it was him. The thought alone of him being back on the Island and not out west is enough to make me lose my lunch. I guess we can also blame the full moon on the weasel-sighting, too.

The pluses...I'm almost at the end of the work day. It's Thursday so I've got the Thursday TV line up to look forward to...and I still have a bit more chocolate I can eat. It doesn't help the full moon day, but it still tastes good :).

No comments: