Search This Blog

Monday 3 November 2008

"Happy" Monday

I knew today would be a 'trying' day when I was flipping and flopping between the hours of 2 and 4am this morning. I had gone to bed with a book, finally shutting out the light at approximately 11:45pm (real time); I'm pretty sure I fell asleep pretty quickly. Chris was out helping a friend with his computer, and had not yet returned by the time I'd turned out the light. At about 1am he gets home. I awake to the sound of the front door. I drift back to sleep. I awake again at 2am when he finally comes to bed. By this point, I've already had my slumber interrupted two times (and truth be told I don't think I sleep 'soundly' until the two of us are in and settled), so there was no going back. Suddenly, my eyelids were wide open. Trying to get back to sleep felt like torture. Chris quickly dozed off which only aided in my torture. Bosco started howling at I don't know what. More torture. I should have just gotten up but I kept looking at the alarm clock, doing the math in my head to figure out 'how many hours' I had left to sleep if I could just get to sleep at that very second.

Needless to say, when the alarm finally blared this morning it felt like a cruel joke, and I slammed it into "sleep mode", and cursed under my breath.

What a blasted waste of my extra hour of sleep - not to mention a lousy way of starting off a new week.

Balls!

No comments: