Search This Blog

Sunday 2 November 2008

Snow happens

So this is what we woke up to on PEI this morning. It's hard to see in the picture, but not only is the snow staying on the ground...but it's also still falling.

Gross.

So I hope you all are nice and rested up from the extra hour of sleep. Personally the night the clocks fall is one of my most favorite days of the year - ever. I purposely don't put the clocks back til later on Sunday so I can get a pleasant little surprise throughout the day when I realize I have a bit more time. As for what I've done this lazy Sunday? Well, I snuggled under the blanket on the couch with a good book with my kitty snoozin' in my lap. I watched a little tv, facebooked, ate some supper, and went back to my good book.

Chris 'banked' the house today in the cold and wind. What's "banking", you ask? It's affixing saran-wrappy-looking plastic to the skirting on the mini-home. It's supposed to help with the drafty floors, and, hopefully aid in a smarter 'heated' winter. One thing it did do was make the house look just a little more "trailer". Now we just need the snow to fall a lot harder so that it will accumlate around the house, covering up the 'trailer' plastic.

Life in the 'hood is a thrill a minute.

(Oh, and I was just kidding about the snow falling harder thing)

No comments: