Search This Blog

Monday 17 November 2008

Recapping the weekend

Ugh, it's Monday again. Instead of griping over the day at hand, I'll fill y'all in on my weekend, since that puts me in such a happier place.

Friday night, Chris and I went out to supper at BP. We then shopped at Michaels til they closed, and picked up a few things at Sobeys before heading home. When we got home, we put a movie on but I wasn't long falling asleep after the movie started. My poor 'ol body sure knows it's at the end of a work week.

Saturday, I attended a Christmas card-making class hosted by the lovely Leanne. At the end of the class we had enough pieces of paper stamped and cut that we could put together 50 cards. Her class included lunch as well, where we dined on homemade lasagna, garlic bread, and mini cheesecakes for dessert! It was lovely! I'm glad to have had the chance to do cards in a class, too. Between this recent one, and another I attended at Angela's, I should be able to send everyone a 'homemade' card this year. (Needless to say, I'm *not* anywhere near started Christmas preparations. I think I say this every year...can we postpone Christmas a few more months?? Gosh it's sneaking up on me).

Saturday night, I had some girlfriends in for a night of munchies and b!tching. It was fantastic. We laughed; we vented; we ate bad-for-us treats; we drank. It was fun; it was theraputic; it was needed! I can hardly wait for the next one. I personally consumed an entire bottle of wine (thank you Mr. Gallo), yet still managed to clean up the kitchen before bed. Girlies - thank you. I love you all; you're the reason I keep on keepin' on...and that's all I'll say about that.

Sunday I took Lana out for her birthday shawarma supper. Let's just say our eyes were bigger than our bellies, and we likely would have felt a lot better had we just consumed the birthday shawarma instead of the appetizer and the dessert along with the shawarma. Jeepers. It just tasted so frickin' good. Despite my sore belly coming on the end, it was lovely getting out to see you Lana. I hope you were still able to put a few notes together at choir practice ;).

And on a sad note - I now have positive confirmation that it indeed was Weasel at Shoppers the other day, having popped in there with Lana after we had supper last night only to see him again. There is no questioning now who I thought the guy was. Guess I will have to find a new place to shop for my everyday toiletry needs. Perhaps it was the weasel-sighting that made me feel ill rather than the 2 tonnes of lebanese food I consumed? Perhaps.

5 more sleeps til our next weekend folks. I'll end this post with a new fun song that I'm quite enjoying right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgeWb5v7Z3w

My Greys friends will recognize it from last week's episode. The name of the song is "Trouble is a Friend", and it's sung by Lenka. Loves it.

No comments: