Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2007

Time to make the donuts.......

Back to work today - back to a "normal" routine. I felt like it was my first day all over again...flitting and fluttering, stuttering and stumbling over my words like a fool. It was so un-cute. On a side note, my car temperature gauge indicated a balmy 23 degrees Celcuius today as of 1pm, and I'm bedecked in my sandals on Oct 22....w00t w00t!

So the rest of the weekend passed pretty quickly. Saturday night we rented a movie, "Hard Candy". Being October and preparing for All Hallows Eve, we do try to rent spooky/scary movies, and this movie was categorized under "horror". I recall a friend advising she and her husband had rented it, and her husband was 'very disturbed' by it. It should have been labelled a "drama", but I can understand how a man might find it a little horrific. I'll say no more, to avoid spoiling the significance of this horror in the event any of my readership decides to give it a chance. It was ok. Not my favorite, but not the worst I've seen.

Sunday, Chris & I took advantage of the beautiful weather and set out for a drive around town and a walk through the woods at Victoria Park. We took some "fall foliage" photos, and by the time we got home the sun had long set and it was going on 9:00. I had an awesome day. We stopped at Jumbo before heading home and rented "Dead Silence"...the label indicating it was from the makers of "Saw" and promised to be frightening. Meh. Not so much. A select few jumpy parts, but, in all, just a movie about dolls. 2 out of 5 if you ask me. Can anyone recommend a good, spooky, suspense movie to us?

(BTW, if anyone is confused about the title to this post, you may be too young, but it refers to a "Dunkin Donuts" commercial where the donut guy is bemoaning another trip to work, and says to himself, in a drony fashion, "time to make the donuts....time to make the donuts".)

No comments: