Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Is it Friday yet??

So yesterday didn't get much better (traditionally if it starts as a monkey day, it ends a monkey day). I did, however, try some retail therapy, settling on two sweaters and a shirt. Maybe next retail therapy lunch hour I can look for the bottom half. I'm pleased to report that the new sweater nicely hangs below the backfat and I'm not experiencing any drafts. However, can someone tell me something? Why is it that you can buy a pair of dress-pants and they fit nicely - you may even have a little room around the waist -- but the minute you sit down, you feel the waistband digging into your midsection? I guess the 'rolling up' of the rolls envelops the waistband, forming creases from the 'extra' fabric that makes one feel they have 'room' in the new pants while standing up -- and after time, the creases continue to dig in, making it uncomfortable, even painful, at times. I've often hoped to entertain the idea of a uniform at work --free of binding waistbands, bands, wires, elastics...free in all places...like a work muumuu. Thoughts?

Last night Chris & I took in the "Haunted Theatre Tour" at the Jubilee in Summerside. It was more 'kid friendly' than scary, but very well done. Kudos to the crew there. I think they could easily step it up a few notches next year and have an 'adult' version at a later hour, which could have some real spook potential. Alas, I guess that's the only 'haunt' we'll manage to visit this year, which is very disappointing, but what can you do? Maybe next year I'll have to volunteer at one of the 'haunted places'. I am a good screamer. I think that'd be a hoot.

Busy week ... tonight I'm picking Mummy up after work and we're going to do a bit of shopping and then out for supper, and hopefully make it back home in time to help with the pumpkin carving. Wednesday of course is Halloween, I have to work Thursday night, and Friday night there's a crafty night planned with scrapping and eating (two of my most favourite of things), followed by a 'night cap' at another friend's. Saturday I have to work at BR, and I think I'm free Sunday. Again, since when did I get so popular?

No comments: