Search This Blog

Saturday 20 October 2007

No, really, I AM still here...

Oops I did it again...I left my reading public high and dry for days with no update. Shame on me. You will all be happy to know that the vacation is over and the normal routine will return, so regular posts should ensue.

Since my last post....
-I got caught up on some rest...totally vegging for the week...snuggling under a big blanket with my kitties by my side...watching daytime TV & taped TV in-between naps.
-I cleaned house (not totally top to bottom, but the living room got dusted, so that's a major feat)
-I worked my 2nd Saturday shift at BR, instructing 2 Halloween cards for 3 people, when I'd planned ahead for 10...is it really worth the 4 hrs pay on a minimum wage scale....NOT in the least. We're down one instructor too...so if there's not a new one to replace her, that's going to mean extra Saturday shifts and more classes. I'm quickly learning that the prep time to prepare for the classes far outweighs the meager pay that comes back.

What I did not accomplish this past week that I would have liked to accomplish:
-start on my Christmas cards
-clean the bathroom, bedroom, & scrap room
-clean the bedroom closet (it's SUCH a job it gets its own header)
-arrange to fix my car's bumper
-take the car in for an oil change
-get new tires for the car
-vacuum out the car
-shop for a Halloween outfit
-scrapbook for ME
-eat healthy
-start an exercise routine
-lose a pound or two from aforementioned eating healthy and exercise routine
-go on a day trip off-Island with Christopher

Yeah. Such high hopes. Despite the lack of fulfilling these hopes, the week passed remarkably quick...and back to the 'real world' on Monday. Yahoo. I had a dream one morning this past week...a recurring dream, that kept picking up where it'd left off in-between waking up and drifting off to sleep...a dream where I lost my job. No warnings, no prep, just one day we were all called in by Kevin who advised we'd all been laid off and this was our last day, and we had to clean out our desks. I do need the job, and I know I cannot and will not work for minimum wage, so I'm glad that it was just a dream.

No comments: