Search This Blog

Thursday 11 October 2007

It was on this day........

2, 103, 795 mins.
126, 227, 704 seconds.

1460 days.


October 11, 2007....Happy 4 years Christopher. xoxo.

4 years ago today we 'met' in person for the very first time. A phone call prior to the pick-up to ensure it was all still a go, and a big exclamation from Chris, "Oh my God, it's so good to finally hear your voice!!". We had been 'chat' friends for four years prior, 'meeting' online by accident as a roommate of mine had added him to my ICQ friend list, thinking he was someone else. I was always too shy to meet him prior. For some reason I decided this was the time to 'meet'. Chris had already resolved himself to our relationship being strictly electronic after I opted out of several other opportunities to meet prior (that he'd attempted to set up).

It was a warm fall day...a 'top down' day for the convertible Tracker. Chris picked me up at my townhouse on Burns and from there, we traveled to Kensington to The Frosty Treat dairy bar where we sipped on a chocolate milkshake and talked for hours. Upon getting back into town toward evening, we decided to continue our talk and walked around the waterfront, surveying some of the damage there that Hurricane Juan had caused. Chris took me around to the areas he'd been out taking pictures of, just after the storm. He also pointed out the initials he'd engraved into the wood along the waterfront for himself and a past girlfriend. Maybe it's time now to engrave our own? As evening set in we finally decided it was time to end the 'date', and Chris gave me the CD he'd made for me months and months prior (another attempt to have us 'meet' that I'd ducked out on).
And, here we are today. The rest is history. The future is yet to be.

No comments: