Search This Blog

Thursday 11 October 2007

The state of superconsiousness

Last night Chris & I went to see Reveen at the Confed Centre. I had seen him before, many years ago, but it was Chris' first time. The show didn't disappoint, though I have to admit, there were times Reveen stopped mid-sentence to check with his staff for certain things, like he'd forgotten the lines. The man turned 72 last night though - they brought out a cake and everything. I think for a 72-year-0ld man he did amazingly well! I laughed until the tears were streaming down my face. Chris volunteered to be hypnotized, and he did make it through the first round, where the men had to grasp their finger and not let go. Chris doesn't remember a thing about it. However, he didn't make it through the next round - blaming it on the girl beside him, who was freaking out a tad, and breathing really heavy, so he couldn't concentrate enough to go under again. Too bad, it would have been hilarious. We had a great time, for all, and I hope Reveen gets his birthday 'wish' to return to the stage for us again next year.

Prior to the show, we went for supper at Mavors, at the Centre. We'd never been there before, and enjoyed it. Chris had a beer, I had a glass of wine; dinner was Rickards Red-battered fish 'n chips for Chris, and I had the chicken & broccoli crepes with a garden salad; and finally, dessert, where Chris enjoyed creme brule, and I had an apple/almond/cinnamon pastry thing that was just fair. (Maybe it was Chris' full belly that prevented him from succumbing to his 'superconsious'?). A genuine date, it was...so fun!! Chris even went hat-less for me. I felt so special. Thanks for a lovely evening, dawling.

No comments: