Search This Blog

Thursday 25 October 2007

Cat Scratch Fever!

The sweet kitty depicted here was the doer of much bloodshed last evening. Zoe was inbetween Chris & I, between our two pillows, purring up a storm, and very accepting of Chris' scratches under the chin. All of a sudden she flew off the bed like a bat out of hell, launching off of my forehead and Chris' arm. We're unsure what spooked her...but something certainly spooked her. I could feel something wet on my forehead so put my hand up to my face to see a spot of blood. "She got me", I said to Chris. He bemoaned his arm a little, and then took a better look at my head. All of a sudden he jumped out of bed, raced to get me a towel, exclaiming, "OH MY GOD, look at your head!" There was a large drip of blood down the side of my head, my hair had blood in it in two places....it was crazy. At the start, Chris figured we'd be at outpatients getting me stitched up. I stood up to go to the bathroom and felt dizzy (I really really don't like the sight of blood). Once I was cleaned up it just ended up being one long, normal cat scratch and a smaller, deeper puncture, but the blood I cleaned up looked a lot worse than a few 'scratches'. I'm guessing the puncture was the one that bled like a sonofabiotch. Little bugger!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: