Search This Blog

Thursday 5 February 2009

You can't teach an old dog new tricks...

...but can you teach a cat to clean its bum? To give you some background, Zoe has never been very adept at cleaning her...er...back region. I'm not sure if it's just a skill that she never 'learned' (is it a learned behavior or natural?), or if perhaps her little belly is a little too big which prevents her from reaching the exit spot. In any event, it's nasty, and there've been times I've actually had to wipe her up a bit, and it's a chore that I deeply despise. I've even seen Bosco go toward her to help her out in that area, but she'll have none of that.

This morning, after I put the coffee on to perk, I saw her walk past me and out of the corner of my eye I saw something that didn't look right. She's an all-white cat. I noticed something dark in the...nether area. "NO!", I thought to myself..."It can't be!"....I followed her. She thought it a game...running away from me. I reached her...grabbed her by her front leg pits and waltzed her back to the litter pan...praying she'd complete her business. Obviously, she couldn't feel the now drying up turd (or didn't care), and quickly leapt out of the litter pan, and back across the house, heading toward the bedroom door, turd-in-toe, so to speak. The last thing I wanted to happen was for her to make it into the bedroom and hop on the bed with Chris and deposit it somewhere there. I went to the bathroom and she followed me there. This was one time I was lucky that she has a water fetish, and it took no convincing to entice her in there with me. I turned the water on...she leapt up on the toilet seat to then brace herself to leap up to the sink and awaiting water stream. The turd escaped the nether region upon her leaping, falling to the bathroom floor. I quickly disposed of the evidence in a piece of toilet tissue and flushed it away.

Needless to say, I then had to complete a chore that I deeply despise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know sometimes you just share WAY too much ;)

Amber said...

I did reach a new low with this one, didn't I? Slow news day.