Search This Blog

Thursday 26 February 2009

Shoes

I need new shoes in a very, very bad way. I loathe the shoe-break-in-process. It's the sole reason I don't have a closet full of shoes, like most women do. I cringe at the thought of new footwear and the blisters and discomfort that follow the first wear. I hear the reason I suffer so stems from my inability to fork over $100.00 on a good pair of footwear. Yeah, I'm frugal when it comes to my toes. Apparently a shoe should feel good from the first wear. Apparently a good shoe shouldn't give a person blisters? Really? Is this tried, tested, and true? I landed on a pair of expensive shoes from Chris' mom, who used to work at Wrights...I figured they'd be comfortable, as did she...they're not. Maybe my tender tootsies are just very delicate? Regardless, I think it's time though to surpass my inner cheapskate and go to a good shoe store instead of the shoe department at Wal-mart. Can my reading public help me out? What is your absolute favorite shoe brand? I'm being very picky here...I want a shoe that feels like a slipper but looks trendy, and has enough of a heel or platform that I won't be waltzing all over my pantlegs.

*Sigh*

Being a girl is so complicated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Clarks, or Naturalizer. Get them to measure your foot too, even tho most ppl who work in shoe stores seem to have the mental capacity of the living dead. They should be able to do that. I assume they're there for something...
Good luck :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Clarks are good, Hush Puppies too : ) Check out Sears on line...they have lots. I just ordered a pair of Mary Jane's by Hush Puppies...I'll let you know on the comfort ...if they fit. Try fitting a narrow/less than size 5 foot !You will have to spend that $100 though! See you tonight. Tanya

Anonymous said...

rockport - good quality shoes at good prices - no more than $70. And you might want to try having your foot measured (they'll do that for you atRockport.) Maybe you aren't wearing the right size.
PS - I LOVE shoe shopping and will go with you anytime!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also used to work at a shoe store, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend, You have to try Clarks. I like you don't like to spend big $$$ on shoes. But I bought a pr. of Clarks last year and love them. I actually feel like a grown up wearing me Clarks.
L.A.