Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 February 2009

And so it begins......

This is likely waaay too early to post my commentary...but I seem to be rather opinionated this evening...so hear it goes. From 36 to 12...Night One:

Jackie Tohn
- Ok, number one, she looked ridiculous in that outfit (and omiGOD did she look like Cindy or what, Lana?). She was...um...entertaining?...I guess...But this isn't American Entertainer. Next.......
Ricky Braddy - not my style, but he seemed to do well.
Alexis Grace - fantastic.
Brent Keith - Why do AI contestants try to turn it into "Rising Country Star Opry" anyway? He gets a big 'meh' from me.
Stevie Wright - winded & off-key. Horrible. As Simon might say it - "Insipid".
Anoop Desai - gotta admit this guy surprises me. He's not bad; poor song choice but he did ok - that is, until he hit the high register...*shudder*.
Casey Carlson - why do people try to sing Police songs? (swear I had this written prior to Kara's comment). Yuck. She's pretty, but so far hasn't proven she can sing a lick.
Michael Sarver - meh, he was ok.
Ann Marie Boskovich - I'm so *tired* of this song. Yes, I'm sure you're a natural woman. Now entertain me, would you? Karaoke much?
Stephen Fowler - I like this guy. I wasn't crazy about his pic of songs; felt it was a little lounge-y...and that last note? Dude....maybe you might luck out in a wild card?
Tatiana Del Toro - I really wish this girl couldn't sing. The thing is, she can a little bit, which means she may have to stay longer than I want her there. She seemed slightly subdued tonight though, which has me very confused. Did someone slip something in her drink? And how dare the judges encourage her to return to her former giddy self? When I expressed my distaste, of course, Chris had to ask why I be hatin'....so I explained, only to have him Google her and play a clip of her former, giddy self. Forget Japanese water torture...if you want to drive someone crazy play that freak's laugh on repeat.
Danny Gokey - He is my official early pick as America's Next Idol. Even though I detest Mariah, he sang the crap out of it.

Moving forward: Danny without a doubt, Alexis, and Tatiana (I can't believe I just wrote that).

No comments: