Search This Blog

Monday 23 February 2009

More snow...

The Maritimes got hit with yet another winter storm. I believe it's the 11th of the season? It hit overnight too...just when you want it to hit, especially on a Sunday night/Monday morning. My work never closes...but today we actually had a delay in opening. What prevented today from being a full out snow day was the point when the snow turned to rain. The temperature is supposed to drop again later this morning, though, and drop another 10-15 cms... I'm sitting here waiting for the plow to get here before I can actually make it in to work. Hopefully it won't get dirty again once I do make it there.

Chris & I went snowshoeing yesterday - at Brookvale Ski Park. It was my first time on the things, and I had really kinda hoped that my first time would be on a flat terrain til I got used to it. Yet, he takes me to a ski park. As you might well assume, there wasn't many 'flat' areas! Nothing like throwing a baby into the water though, huh? I did well, though - only losing footing once, and I didn't actually fall on my arse - my hand just went down into the snow. We trekked for a good 4kms we suspect - after getting off course from the 2km hike that was intended. It's apparently a pretty good workout, too...so perhaps I'm not all that upset about there being more snow today.

No comments: