Search This Blog

Thursday 19 February 2009

A happy hump day past

I'm off today on account of working Saturday, waiting for yet another snowstorm to hit. The curtains are drawn so I'm unsure if the snow has started to fall, but the winds have picked up. It's a perfect opportunity to have a do-nothing day, no? I know I said I needed to start gutting out my closet...but I've needed to do that for so long, what's another day? I might get the gumption up to straighten up a bit, I might not.

So far I've caught up on some blog reading and facebook, and I've been watching the special news report from Ottawa on President Obama's visit on Parliament Hill. He chose Canada as his first international stop, and as a Canadian with huge respect for the new American President, I feel great pride in that. The news coverage of the event itself was more newspeople talking about the event, with a few sparce clips of Mr. Obama and Stephen Harper waving to the crowd and posing for very brief photo opportunities, but a very momentous occasion nevertheless. I honestly feel he will help turn things around in the world....

Last night I met up with Tanya after work for a long-overdue night out. We had supper at Boston Pizza and then went back to her house to exchange our "February presents" (as has been customary the last few years, we're late exchanging our Christmas gifts to each other). It's become a habit for us, and I think it's rather nice to do it after the holidays are all over. We get an opportunity to get out, just us (which we really must do more regularly, girl!), we share laughs, reminisce, catch up on our respective lives, reality tv, and each get to walk away with a present. What could be better? I had a fabulous time Tan! I love my new purse & ornament, and my magnet is now atop my fridge. Love you to bits! xoxoxo

P.S. So I got two out of my 3 predictions correct on the first stage of the Top 12. I'm slightly confused as to why Michael is there, yet delighted that I was wrong about Tatiana :)...and yes, Tanya told me so!

No comments: