Search This Blog

Friday 13 February 2009

C'mon......show me the love....

The lovely Sizzle has posted this idea on her blog again this year. It's the 3rd annual for blogdom, but my first go at it. The premise is to encourage self-love, and you're to post something that you love about yourself, and in so doing, your friends, virtual or not, will share the love and comment on what it is they love about you. It's all very lovey-dovey isn't it? And not even in a touchy-feeling sorta way for those with your minds in the gutter.

The hard part is to capture something that I love about myself...

I guess my compassion is worthy of tooting my own horn. I care deeply about my friends and family, and I'm very true to them. I like to think that the compassion is evident...I think I'm looked at as being a pretty darn good friend to those who matter. I am always willing to lend an ear or a shoulder when it's needed.

Here’s how the whole thing works:

1.) You’re gonna grab yourself a banner. If you don’t like the one I've used, you can use this one. If you prefer the one on this post, you can find it here.
2.) You’re gonna post that banner and then tell us all something that you really like love about yourself (thus, the “self-love” portion of our program).
3.) Ask or beg your readers to post one thing that they too love about you!!! If your blog friends are nice, you shouldn’t have to beg…much.
4.) Enjoy yourself and spread the love by doing this on your blog! If you want to, drop me a line or a trackback so that I know you participated too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I love your sarcasm. Other than just thinking you're awesome :D

Anonymous said...

You've been one of my best friends for almost 20 years. If I ever need anything you are the first person I think of to call - and know that you are not keeping track of who called whom last! I can be myself around you and not have to be worried if you will be offended if I speak my mind. You make me laugh and get my wacko sense of humour -well, you tolerate it at least. Love you, babe and I hope that you had an amazing Valentine's Day!!