Search This Blog

Friday 5 December 2008

I'm here...

Sorry I've been slacking in the post department. Mom and I spent a few days in Nova Scotia to be with family and say a final good-bye to Nannie. The days spent there were filled with good food, many laughs as we listened to various yarns about the 'good old days in Whitehead', and a few tears, recollecting the happier days spent with Nannie and Poppie.

Nannie was my last living grandparent - Mom's last living parent. There's an emptiness that comes with that. No matter how old a person is when they pass - or how expected his or her loss is, it doesn't take away the hurt that comes with the realization that we will never see him or her again. Our biggest consolation is Nannie is now with Poppie, and they can dance again.

Now that I'm back home and back to 'reality' I have to look around and realize just how much I have to do to prepare for Christmas...everything - from the creation of the Christmas cards to the writing of the cards, to the wrapping of the "away" gifts, to the making of a few "away" gifts to the shopping for the "closer" gifts. By this point in December, usually the majority of things are done, or I'm just tying them up...not starting them.

On that note, I guess I'd best get crackin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that it helps, but I'm completely unprepared as well. Think we can put it off til January?