Search This Blog

Friday 19 December 2008

Tired...

This picture aptly describes how I feel today. Every punch of the keys on the keyboard is an overall effort. I wish with all my might that I, too, could lay my head down on my own computer and have a little cat nap. I slept horribly last night. It was cold in the bedroom, and Chris came to bed later than me, so by the time I actually had fallen asleep he came to bed, which woke me. Zoe then decided she needed some attention so she started purring up by my ear (she sounds like a power tool). Then I finally got back to sleep...I think it was going on 3am and Chris woke me up again to tell me I was snoring. I can't even say TGIF because I work again tomorrow morning. Needless to say I think it'll be an early night tonight.

In Christmas news...it has remained cold since our Wednesday snowfall, so the snow is still blanketing everything. Last night, I managed to get all of my wrapping completed, but I can't help but think there is stuff I've forgotten to do. Maybe I'm feeling sympathetic stress for Chris, who has yet to even START his shopping. I would make fun of him with a loving 'HA HA!', but my own stocking stuffer gifts are also un-purchased! I'm not doubting whatsoever that he will land with an armload of gifts at some point on Sunday (or even Tuesday or Wednesday!) and coyly ask if I would mind wrapping... How anyone waits til this late in the game to get started is beyond me. I remember one year waiting til just a few days before Christmas...I walked aimlessly through the aisles of the mall, in tears, alone, wondering what to buy everyone. It was on that night I vowed I'd never be in that situation again, and I haven't.

Here's hoping you're all closing in on your own holiday preparations. Try to take a moment to hold your family and friends close to you and remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

No comments: