Search This Blog

Monday 8 December 2008

It's all HUMBUG, I tell you, HUMBUG!

Ok - so inbetween relaxing a few moments here and there with friends, I spent the rest of my weekend prepping for Christmas. I cut, I pasted, I wrote and wrote and wrote. I completed a few crafty gifts. I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped. And I boxed, boxed, boxed. My back aches; I have paper cuts all over me; I ran out of scotch tape; and, I'm quickly running out of good wrapping paper. The saddest part? All of my efforts are ready to be shipped to Ontario and Nova Scotia. It doesn't look one bit Christmas-y in here. The tree never got put up. The two sole cards hanging on the card string Chris felt needed to be hung look slightly ridiculous. And, it's icy and just not so nice outside, so I think the parcels are going to sit another day, mocking me, while I wait for better weather to visit the post office. So perhaps I can cozy up with Zoe on the couch and not feel totally guilty? All I can do is try :). You see, I'm on va-cay all this week. After slip sliding (and almost smucking my gargantuan arse on the walkway) as I made my way to the car to move it for the plow, methinks I'll just have a lazy day. I might get around to doing a few loads of laundry and perhaps a few more cards...maybe.

For now, please pardon me while I loaf around in a non-Christmas-looking house, in a non-Christmas spirit.

No comments: