Search This Blog

Monday 29 December 2008

Keeping you up to speed...

I trust everyone had a lovely Christmas? How sad that it passes so quickly... :(

Christmas Eve I got out of work early, and lucky for Chris that I did, since he put on the puppy dog face (not to mention offering mild bribery via a bottle of Bailey's in return), asking me to wrap just a few more presents for him. Christmas Eve evening was spent visiting with family and friends. We stopped in to see Steve and Wanda for a bit; we headed to Mark & Rhonda's annual Christmas Eve party (Rhonda your hospitality is second to none!); and finally, we ended up at Chris' Mom & Dad's house, joined by Todd and Mom. I was literally falling asleep on the couch by about 11pm so we made it an early night.

Christmas Day we woke up at a respectable hour (unlike any other morning I couldn't get back to sleep after the initial wake up), and opened up our stockings from each other. Chris got me a nice pair of leather gloves, a scarf, a new travel mug for my coffee, a laptop cooling device, and two front-row tickets to see John Pinette in March at the Confed Centre! I was so very excited! His parents got me a flat iron and the most awesome pair of mittens that I've ever seen! We quickly got ready for visiting, heading to Mom's first. Todd replaced our bum kettle, and Mummy completed the awesomeness with a new pair of jammies, some melting pots, Lindor chocolates, and Seasons 1 and 4 of Greys, which now completes my set. Thank you to everyone - you're all so awesome, and I feel so blessed :).

After the gifts were opened, Chris visited for a bit with us but then left to go to his own house for turkey supper, and I stayed back with Mum & Todd. Todd & I watched episode after episode of Three's Company while sipping on beer and snacking on chips and dip (whatdidItellya?). The turkey supper turned out fantastic...even the stuffing was superb :). After supper, Chris picked me up and we headed back to his parents for coffee and dessert. Chris demonstrated his thoughtful gift to Shawn...an Airzooka. What a hoot! I pray that the gift doesn't get replicated for Chris though...the poor cats would never be the same. After we left the W-homestead we drove around Charlottetown and Cornwall to look at the Christmas lights before finally heading back to our humble roost.

The next two days were pure relaxing days for us...lazing around in our jammies, watching movies and surfing the web. Boxing Day I didn't even get out of my jammies!! On Saturday I joined Lori and Darlene at Denise's for a night of munchies and catching up (feel better Lana!! We missed you!). 'Twas lovely, girlies :). Darlene, I'm BEYOND impressed with your I'll-make-them-believe-there-is-a-Santa-skills! Hoof prints on your hands & knees in the snow and apple juice 'reindeer pee'....wow. Very impressive! :) I am sure your boys will continue to believe for years to come. Thanks, as always, for the giggles.

Yesterday was a repeat of the 'do nothing' thing. I did 3 loads of laundry, showered, and remained in my jammies once more. It was glorious. I have no excuse for the late update, aside from the fact that my supreme laziness sometimes takes hold of me when I'm having a 'do nothing' day. It should also be known that in my 'do nothing' slumber that has been my recent past, I've discovered just how delicious a little shot of Baileys is in a cup of coffee. Mild addiction, perhaps. Don't judge. I know I said I had some resolutions in my midst. It's not the New Year yet. I'm still working on my 'before' pic.

Now you're up to speed. Phew. That took a lot of energy. I might post a few pics tomorrow of my most favorite of prezzies. Ta!

No comments: