Search This Blog

Friday 12 December 2008

Rain, rain GO AWAY it's the 12th of DECEMBER!

Overnight we had layers and layers of freezing rain. Today's high is forecast to be 13 celcius. At least that will melt the layers of ice accumulated by the freezing rain. However, with the higher temperatures also comes heavy rain and winds, with gusts possibly reaching 90kms. Oh, and there's also a chance of thundershowers.

It's the 12th of DECEMBER. This just isn't right. Also not right - snow in Louisiana....wtf?

As much as I would love to loaf around on the couch in my jammies for another day, I have things to do today. Many errands that need to be done today, plus it's payday so I was hoping to finish my Christmas shopping. And, I have a date tonight with Julie; we're attending Canada Rocks Christmas. It's her staff Christmas party thing, and as Brian isn't going to be home, I'm going along for the ride. I'm very much looking forward to it - notsomuch looking forward to the day ahead to get me to the party, however.

As it is not apparently a good umbrella day, believe it or not, I've spent the past 45 minutes searching local stores online for 'outerwear', even calling a few places to see if they still have raincoats stocked at this time of year. Of course they don't. One place did...just one, and they were even on sale. Too bad I'm FAT so I can't fit into their meager 'largest' size, however. I have an old yellow raincoat that makes me look like a beacon...it closes, but just barely. Not really theater-worthy, either, if you ask me.

I'm cranky.

No comments: