Search This Blog

Thursday 18 December 2008

I think I'm almost there...

I had a wonderful time at Julie's last night for our annual Christmas Gift Exchange party. The idea behind the gift exchange is as each person opens their gift, the next one in line has a choice to steal something already opened ...but for three years running, each person has kept their original gift. We're good little shoppers. There were laughs, yummy snacks, thoughtful presents, and did I mention yummy snacks? Thank you lovelies. I'm so glad we're keeping up this yearly tradition. It snowed - a lot - fitting for a Christmas party, and the landscape looks so much more festive! I also have to officially thank Chris for shoveling the walk-way and deck for my return home last night. Thanks hunny ;).

A BIG congratulations go out to Erin! Last night she shared some wonderful news with us all...a new job is on her horizon! A well-deserved and exciting change, and I couldn't be happier for her. I know this new phase of your life will be all you ever dreamed of and more. Congrats girl!! I raise a glass to you :)

Today I had the day off on account of working Saturday. I started it early with a hair appointment. The greys are gone, and I'm already anticipating the 'gingerkid' comments to return when Christopher gets home. Bobbi-Jeane thinks we're one cut away from the official 'look' she has been preparing me for. When looking at the original pictures I brought in for her in July, it would appear that we're very close to something. I had a little nap this afternoon so I had to fix it up a bit before taking the picture. Excuse the poor quality photo. The back is cropped up in the middle, and the two sides are longer. She hasn't taken a thing off the sides since July. Track back to the original 'cut' here.

After my hair cut I stopped at a few stores and picked up some final stocking stuffers for Chris' sock...and I think I can happily say that I'm now 'done'...aside from the wrapping. Instead of napping I really wish now that I'd done that wrapping... I was pretty tired though, so I cannot live with regrets :)

On that note, I'd best get busy...I will leave you with a stocking stuffer idea that is getting rave reviews. For those in my reading public, if you have found yourself in a pickle - unsure of what to do to top off the stocking of that special guy in your life, fear not...I've got the answer here for you. It's cheap too, for those on a budget:

http://beat.bodoglife.com/entertainment/burger-king-cologne-smells-beefy-51338.html

Nothing says "Merry Christmas honey" more than the hint of a little flame-broiled meat. Mmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I always did a get a little randy while driving past BK

Amber said...

EWWWW!