Search This Blog

Monday 22 December 2008

Snow day

So we got a bit of snow overnight. Actually, we're amidst quite a substantial 'weather event', with at least 10 cm of snow falling overnight, and another 10-15 cms expected today, combined with hurricane force winds. If I lived farther away from work, there's a possibility I might have had a snow day....but pray as I did, I had to leave the warm comforts of home to go out into the elements today. Sorta wishin' I had winter tires...aaanyway...

A busy weekend has passed us by. Friday night Chris & attempted to head to Rustico to look at the Christmas lights, but had to bail half-way there on account of poor road conditions. The roads were beyond slippery and you couldn't see a foot in front of you. We drove around Charlottetown & Stratford instead. If anyone in my readership is local, and had been in the habit of going to the house out toward the airport that had his lights programmed to music, and is wondering why the house isn't lit this year, fear not, he's in a new house now. He was the winner of the dream house, so has his lights set up at the new house in Stratford. Very cool. Check it out.

Saturday night we attended the Ostridge's Annual Saturday Before Christmas party. A great time was had by all! Thank you, thank you for your kindness and hospitality, Ostridges!! As it was a late night at the party we slept in to an embarrassing hour on Sunday, finally rising and getting out of the house by about 2pm. Our original plan was to head to Maggie's for breakfast, but they had stopped serving breakfast a few hours prior to our arrival, so we had to have lunch. We didn't deserve breakfast getting there so late in the day anyway! After fueling up with some lunch, we headed to Canadian Tire and Sobeys. The crowds weren't as horrific as I'd imagined, but I was happy to get home anyway. We didn't stay home long though. After making a pot of coffee we left with travel mugs in tow, and headed back toward Rustico. This time we were successful. There are some homes that go all out for the occasion... Very, very neat. I don't envy the guy with the largest display today...it appears he's changed over to LED so he'll have a heck of a job brushing the snow off all of the display.

Update: I ended up leaving work early - at 2pm - because the winds were relentless, making visibility nearly impossible. I left my car at work, and Chris came to pick me up. Looks as though it will indeed be a white Christmas :). I hope everyone was safe on this blustery, stormy day.

2 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

The snow here is unreal!! I didn't make it home to my parents' place today. Will have to travel out tomorrow.

I love that home in Rustico. My sister lives in New Glasgow so I hope I will get to see it this year!

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by Martha! I hope you have safe travels, and a very happy Christmas! The house is Rustico is unreal. Make a point to go visit. All the best :)