Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 December 2008

The stockings were hung...

Bah I'm at hump day already. It's amazing how quickly a week away from work can pass...yet how slowly the same amount of time goes by when a person is at work. Ah well, all good things must end. I don't look forward to the emails facing me at work at all, though.

As for the Christmas prepping, I'm happy to report that the tree is finally up. There's nothing outside yet, but I'm leaving that to Chris. We walked through a tree lot last night (the sole purpose really for Chris to smell the trees). We might get a small tree to put on the deck. I also visited Mr. Postie yesterday to mail away all the parcels and bought stamps for the cards. $80 later. Yep, you read that right. I almost pooped my drawers. Next year I'm thinking gift cards. Good grief!

Yesterday I had a lovely day out with Mummy. She's completely done of her shopping now. I, on the other hand am limited by my overdraft balance...or lack thereof...and must wait til payday to pick up my last few presents. Chris and I are going really light this year - not exchanging actual presents; we're still exchanging stockings (I can't have Christmas without my stocking). It's just not worth all the expense to try to fill the space under the tree with things we don't really need. It's not what Christmas is all about - and I'm trying to get back to a place where we're really celebrating the real reason Christmas is coming. We've all grown up into a very commercial, materialistic world, and it's very sad. So, in your own hustle and bustle, please take the time to think about what Christmas is all about...and concentrate on that while holding someone you love, very very tight.

It's pouring rain...all the snow we had over the weekend is completely washed away. I've got the bedroom window open, and it's Dec 10. That's just wrong. I do hope we have a white Christmas. It's the only time I really want to see snow...and as the festive season is so quickly approaching, I do have to admit I was a bit saddened by this rainy forecast (not to mention my aching joints). Happy hump day, folks!

No comments: