Search This Blog

Monday 1 September 2008

Triple Threat?

So Bryan Adams was the mentor for the final 3 standing. I found myself wishing there was thunder/lightning going on outside for a distraction as the hour passed. Tonight each of the three guys remaining sang 2 BA songs each:

Drew sang first, doing his own rendition of "Cuts Like a Knife" -good for him for doing his own arrangement and showing some originality. It wasn't bad, but some of the guitar play was tooo similar to the Idol's closing credit music....creeepy. He redeemed himself with his second song, "I'm Ready". What's that, Drew? You're ready to be the next Canadian Idol? You might just be...and I'm not at all saying this just because you have pretty eyes :).

Theo was second in line, and his first song was "Heaven"- mmmmm...one of my favorites. He sang it with soul & feeling. Good job -- and a good thing, because his second song? Notsomuch. He mixed up his own arrangement to "When You're Gone". Perhaps I like the original version so much that it's own melody is engrained in my head...but that, that wasn't good. Sorry Theo. The "whoo!" in the middle, too...wtf, man?

And finally we have Mitch -the man of mystery, and the mystery being, why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is he STILL there? He began with the"Heat of the Night"; *yawn*. I thought he looked, and sounded, constipated. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, he ends with "When You Love Someone". I'm pretty sure I was tasting my supper all over again as he started. One of my all-time favorite BA songs, and HE sings it. The 'cherry' on the 'sundae' was his high note. That was the pinnacle of awful.

Final two of the season are Theo & Drew, and Drew is my pick for Canada's next Idol.

No comments: