Search This Blog

Thursday 18 September 2008

What's that sound?


This is my shoe of choice today. When Mom & I were out shopping a few months back, we popped into Winners, and she insisted I buy the shoes. I am not a shoe-girl...I loathe the break-in process. Perhaps I have overly sensitive feet (or more likely I have so much weight pressing into my shoes) - but it never fails that whenever I wear 'new shoes', I end the day with sore, sore feet and/or blisters. These shoes were so comfortable as soon as I stepped into them. The only thing I didn't do when I was 'test driving' them was walk around in the store...so when I wore them the next day and heard the sound of air escaping out of the right shoe (yep, just outta one), I was a little disappointed. It sounds a little 'uncool', whilst walking around - especially into/out of a quiet room. ("What's that fffft sound??"..."uh...it's my shoe"). So after that day, they sat in the shoe trunk...Too much time passing for a return on them, I decided to put them on again today. The ffffft sound is still there. Not only are eyes all on me as I walk into the room, a co-worker exclaimed, "Holy golden shoes Batman! ...Uh...Cleopatra called....she wants her shoes back"...or some such thing.

Joking aside, I'm just delighted to be able to still wear sandals in mid-September :) ... plus now I have a potential idea for this year's Halloween costume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally just laughed out loud by myself in my office!!! I have a pair of shoes that does that too, and it's just the right shoe!! Not so loud that everyone hears but I hear it and they were $60 shoes!!! This most totally made my day! I miss you! T